There are many ways to bring your website at the top in Google search, some of them are:
1. Search Engine Optimization
2. Pay Per click management (Google Adwords, Bing etc)
3. Adwords Express
In this post, I will discuss about the ways you can follow to bring your website ranking at the top in Google via SEO.
Below are the steps you can follow to gain quick rankings in Google:
2. Select your Business keywords. You can use the below adwords keyword tool to get more suggestions, searches and competition. Though this tool is made for Paid search but it gives a fair about the keyword searches.
3. Distribute your targeted keywords to the website pages, it is recommended to use not more than 4-5 keywords in a single page. Also if required you can add more pages to the website for the targeted keywords.
4. Optimize your website for keywords. Use your targeted keyword for each page in the file name, meta tags (description and keywords section), in the heading (h1, h2 etc) of the page as well as in the first few sentences of the page preferably at the beginning of the first sentence. Also use that same main keyword a few times throughout your pages. Make sure you have atleast 500 word of content present on the page having your targeted keywords at-least 3-5%. Always remember content is the KING in SEO but it should be quality and unique content.
5. Create a xml sitemap of the website of the website and submit it to Google Webmaster tool. Instructions are below:
Sitemap Generator: www.xml-sitemaps.com
Submit xml sitemap: http://support.google.com/sites/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=100283
6. Start working on backlinks now, analyze your competitors backlinks in Google. Below is how you can do:
Search in Google link:www.competitor-website.com
Google will provide you the link urls of the competitors website that it is considering for their rankings. Build your website link on the same websites using your targeted keyword for their relevant page. Build links via other channels like:
a. Blog postings in external websites like wordpress, blogspot, tumblr etc.
b. Article Submissions
c. Forum/Comment Postings
d. Micro-social website listing etc..
7. Socialize the website in Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
8. Buy some paid directories to get some strong links: