Archive for 2008
Most people who start of in the freelance seo field have no idea what they are doing at all, but still tend to act like they do and end up ruining their reputation all at once..
Freelance SEOs make a ton of money every day (probably more then pros) I know I did, here are a few tips and tricks to understand Freelance SEO better.
- First of all when you hear SEO I know for a fact that you are thinking about “links” so let me tell you this right now - Keep your links relevant from and to sites - if you want to build links for your client’s site always remember to get links from sites in the same niche don’t go exchanging/buying links from the first willing webmaster you find.
- Rankings in SERPs matter, Pagerank doesn't from a content minded point of view, rankings help you earn more via targeted visitors whereas PR helps you exchange links or probably sell the site so know your priority either its one or the other if you are just starting out or if you are already in the SEO field having both could be much easier - it comes with practice.
- Make up your mind on anchors, don’t get links with like 8 different anchors then there will be absolutely no keyword density for backlinks (which is what helps you the most) if you have the same page linked from several places as different things you'll get ranked in SERPs but the lowest rankings possible so set your mind on 2 or 3 keywords and get to work.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Posted by Himanshu Swaraj
Tag : what is freelance seo
|What is SEO?|
An overview of what SEO (search engine optimization) is and how it can be used to get a website a high ranking. And the ways in which it can be used and misused by the creators of websites.
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization is the way in which a website or page is worded in order for it to be highly ranked when a person is using any given search engine and is looking for some thing in particular. There are many different search engines that a person can use and everyone has their favorite. Some of the most popular search engines are – Google, Yahoo! Search, Ask.com and Live Search although there are many, many more and every person who uses the internet will have their own reasons for favoring one over another.
When a search engine is used to find information on a topic the person using it will first of all type the topic into the search engine. For example if the person is looking for hairdressers in their local area they will type “hairdressers in -----(their locality)” into the search engine and click on the search button. These words will be classed as keywords for the search. This will then bring up a list of all the hairdressers in the specified area. However it will also bring up any other websites which have any of the words in the search text in them, such as hairdressers. SEO works by optimizing the way in which the search engine will select a body of text and present it in the list.
Obviously the higher up a list, or rank, a website is the more chance a person will click into it. This is because the person searching will automatically assume that the top website on the list is the most relevant to them. All this seems very straight forward, however some websites will use certain popular words many times in a text in order for them to gain this high ranking, without the site necessarily being of much use. SEO is often misused in this way to gain a high ranking position for websites that are trying to sell things or have a pay per click system in operation. Many search engines, such as Google, take a dim view to this misuse of SEO and will remove websites which are found to be keyword stuffed just to maximize its ranking.
When used correctly SEO is an excellent way of promoting your website through the text that is contained in it. The text can be both informative and keyword optimized in order for the website to rank highly when a topic is searched for. In order for a body of text to be recognized by a search engine it must have the correct density of keywords in it. A density of 2-5% is the most popular, although many will tend to opt for around 1-3% as this is deemed to have a more natural flow to the writing. In turn this helps the reader too as the text does not seem to repeat the same keywords or phrases over and over.
In order for a website to get a good ranking on a search engine it must have very good SEO content that is relevant to the search that is being performed. Without it a website will go unnoticed by the search engine and will get a very low ranking and as a result will not get the kind of traffic that the owner will want, if any. And this can be the difference between a website being popular and having many visitors every day and one that performs poorly and eventually gets abandoned by its owners. It may sound quite trivial but a website’s text content can be its making or breaking online.
Friday, February 1, 2008
Posted by Himanshu Swaraj
Tag : what is seo
Great tips and tools for a perfect SEO.
- Keyword being the weapon of your success in SEO, use those keywords that are directly related or targeted to your business theme.
- Take care not to over crowd your site’s content with keywords and use keywords throughout the content rather than concentrating it at the beginning or at the end.
- Back-link or inbound link is important, so build links with potential partners that can generate profit to your site.
- Choose good title and Meta tags- Good title makes good move on page optimization, and suitable, targeted, theme based, precise keywords and phrases in Meta tags help spiders find your web pages more easily.
- Design your site that clearly represent your business and make an easy navigation based on your keyword research.
- Make web pages that are easy to load. Don’t make pages with large images, if images are necessary; make a thumbnail of it and link it with full image page so that you can add more pages and text in it which spiders love to crawl.
- Make your web pages content rich with keywords and phrases that hit your business. Add more contents that give precise information about your services and products.
- Offer something unique than general contents i.e. add more articles at least one per month and update your contents regularly and add new resources.
- Add more content to your website but never make it duplicate by copying other’s work. Duplicate content is easily detected by search engine and make your website unqualified for ranking and kicked it off completely from search engine.
- Take advice of trusted advisor or Search Engine Optimization Company for site optimization and marketing your website rather being duped by false promise maker.